Ribs with a Honey Jalapeño Glaze smoked on the new Traeger Timberline XL
#honeyjalapenoribs #ribs #howtobbqright
Honey Jalapeño Ribs
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
– Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub http://bit.ly/TheBBQRub
– Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeno Rub https://bit.ly/HeathRilesGarlicJalapeno
– Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce http://bit.ly/TheVinegarSauce
– Mike’s Hot Honey https://amzn.to/3LrcwUh
– Killer Hogs Sweet Fire Pickles http://bit.ly/KHSweetFirePickles
Honey Jalapeno Rib Recipe
– 1 slab St. Louis Trimmed Spare Ribs
– 1 Tablespoon Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeno Rub
– 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
– 2 Tablespoons Mike’s Hot Honey
– 2 Tablespoons juice from Killer Hogs Sweet Fire Pickles
– 4 Tablespoons butter
– 1/2 cup Honey Jalapeño Rib Glaze* (recipe below)
1. Prepare Traeger grill for indirect smoking at 225°F using signature blend pellets.
2. Season ribs on both sides with garlic jalapeño rub and Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
3. Smoke ribs for 2 1/2 hours on pellet grill, remove from grill and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
4. Wrap the ribs with: pats of butter, Mike’s Hot Honey and sweet fire pickle juice.
5. Place the wrapped ribs back on the Traeger and increase the grill temperature to 275 degrees. Continue to cook the ribs until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees between the rib bones.
6. Carefully unwrap the ribs and glaze on both sides with honey jalapeño rib glaze recipe below.
Return the ribs to the grill for 10-15 minutes to set the glaze.
7. Cut into individual portions and serve.
Honey Jalapeno Rib Glaze Recipe
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup Honey
– 1/4 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
– Slices of fresh jalapeño
In a small pot over medium heat, sauté the slices of fresh jalapeño in butter until soft. Add in the brown sugar, honey, and vinegar sauce. Stir to combine. Once sauce hits a light boil, reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Transfer to glass jar and cool to room temperature. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Connect With Malcom Reed:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HowToBBQRight/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/howtobbqright
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/howtobbqright/
TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@howtobbqright/
Malcom’s Podcast – http://howtobbqright.com/howtobbqright-podcast/
For Malcom’s BBQ Supplies visit – https://h2qshop.com/