Spicy Chicken Sandwich on the Traeger Grill with a Buffalo Ranch Sauce
#spicychickensandwich #buffalochickensandwich #howtobbqright
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
– Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub http://bit.ly/TheHotRub
– Chicken Rack http://bit.ly/KHChickenRack
– Killer Hogs Hot Sauce http://bit.ly/KHHotSauce
– Black BBQ Gloves https://bit.ly/BBQGlovesBlack
– Disposable Loaf Pans https://amzn.to/3ne32D7
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich – Put a little spice into your tailgate with this recipe!
Slider style sandwiches are the perfect choice for tailgating or football get-togethers. You can grab one on the go and never miss a minute of the action. For this recipe I start with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I prefer the thigh for chicken sandwiches because they’re juicier than white meat which means they taste better; plus they cook really quick.
The thighs get seasoned with a little of my – Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub http://bit.ly/TheHotRub on all sides then I place them on a wire cooling rack (Chicken Rack http://bit.ly/KHChickenRack) then into a 350°F Traeger pellet grill. While the thighs are cooking I combine 1 stick of butter with a bottle of Killer Hogs Hot Sauce http://bit.ly/KHHotSauce and some extra garlic, cayenne, and red pepper flakes to create a spicy hot buffalo style sauce. Mix these ingredients in an aluminum bread pan and place it on the grill along side the thighs.
After 30 minutes the thighs are dunked into the fiery hot sauce and returned to the rack for 10 additional minutes. Then each thigh is “double dunked” for flavor and topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Once the cheese melts it’s time to make the sandwiches. The whole process was only about 40-45 minutes but be sure to check the thighs for doneness if you’re unsure. It should be 175°F internal. Once you cook enough of them you can pretty much tell when they’re ready.
To assemble the sandwiches toast a few mini burger buns until brown. Spread some spicy ranch sauce on the bottom bun along with several dill pickle chips ( I like a lot of dill pickles on mine). Place a cheese covered thigh on each bun and top with a handful of fried crispy jalapeño chips along with another good dose of the spicy ranch. (you can find that recipe below). Place the upper bun on top and get ready for the flavor train! These little sandwiches are spicy but not blow your head off hot. The meat is juicy and tender and the pickles and crispy jalapeños give it a good crunch. You’ll end up making way more than you think once you try them.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
– 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
– 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
– 1 stick salted butter
– 1 bottle (6oz) Killer Hogs hot sauce
– 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
– 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 6 slices pepper jack cheese
– 6 mini hamburger buns
– Dill pickle chips
– Spicy Ranch Sauce (recipe below)
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Cooking Directions:
1. Preheat Traeger pellet grill to 350°F using your favorite pellets.
2. Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and season with Hot rub on all sides.
3. Place chicken on cooling rack and sit in the center of the pellet grill. (you can use any grill just keep the heat indirect at 350°F)
4. In a small pan place the butter, hot sauce, garlic, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Sit it on the grill beside the chicken and stir it after 10-15 minutes.
5. After the thighs have cooked for 30 minutes dunk them in the hot buffalo sauce and place back on the rack. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F
6. Dunk the thighs on more time in the buffalo sauce and top each thigh with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Let the cheese melt on the grill about 5 minutes.
7. Toast the mini burger buns in the oven or on the grill until brown.
8. To assemble the sandwiches: Drizzle the bottom bun with spicy Ranch sauce followed by several dill pickle chips. Place the cheese covered thigh on the bun and top with crispy fried jalapeño pepper chips. Drizzle on more of the spicy Ranch and place the upper bun on top and you’re ready to dive in!
Spicy Ranch Sauce Recipe
– 1 cup Blue Plate Mayo
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 Hidden Valley Ranch packet
– 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
– 1 Tablespoon Franks Red Hot seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
Connect With Malcom Reed:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HowToBBQRight/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/howtobbqright
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/howtobbqright/
TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@howtobbqright/
Malcom’s Podcast – http://howtobbqright.com/howtobbqright-podcast/
For Malcom’s BBQ Supplies visit – https://h2qshop.com/